Perl 6 Quotes
- Larry Wall (2000): "We're really serious about reinventing everything that needs reinventing.".
- Damian Conway (2003): "The Perl 6 design process is about keeping what works in Perl 5, fixing what doesn't, and adding what's missing. That means there will be a few fundamental changes to the language, a large number of extensions to existing features, and a handful of completely new ideas. These modifications, enhancements, and innovations will work together to make the future Perl even more insanely great....".
- Larry Wall (2006): Perhaps the Perl 6 slogan should be "All Your Paradigms Are Belong To Us". We'll get to that.
- Patrick Michaud (2006): "Perl 6 and Parrot have some extremely ambitious goals, and it’s my belief that the value and impact of our hard work and patience is going to play out for a very long time — that is, over at least many decades.".
- Larry Wall (2008): In ecological terms, I hope Perl 6 will have a very wide gene pool.
- Larry Wall (2008-1-29, #perl6): Perl 6 tries to dance right on the edge of requiring continuations without actually doing so, which opens up many opportunities for doing something more efficient than continuations most of the time
- Larry Wall (2009-04-10, #perl6): ... Perl 6 is not intended to be a first programming language, but a last one.
- Larry Wall (2009-04-10, #perl6): look, we're trying to do something impossible here. So we expect to fail. But we expect lots of people to love our failure.
- Larry Wall : Camelia is a butterfly that was caused by a storm flapping its wings in China :)
<TimToady> after all, Perl Philosphy is simply to torment the implementors on behalf of the user (#perl6, 2008-10-09)
<pmichaud> aha! I have a quote for my keynote.
21:23 <pmichaud> how many Weebs is 10 minutes? ;)
21:24 <masak> pmichaud: depends on the length of those weebs, duh. :)
21:25 <pmichaud> there is no length in Perl 6.-
21:25 <jnthn> .oO( there's no length...that's why we don't know how long it will take )-
21:26 <pmichaud> lol!-
21:26 * pmichaud has another quote to add.-
21:26 <masak> "- How far to Christmas? - Don't know, Larry removed .length"