Perl 6 People
This "who is doing what" and "who is interested in what" social-networking page is for anyone (including newbies and organizations) doing anything significant (including commercial) regarding Perl 6. Intructions about how to expand are at the end. Not all links lead to articles in this wiki. To get all of them click on the "People" tag on the right side or on this link.
This important section expanded enough to get its own page (Yea!): Perl 6 Donors, Sponsors, and Supporters.
The Language Design Team
Also known as "@Larry", and led by Larry Wall, our hero and leader, the inventor of Perl. We think he deserves a MacArthur prize.
Developers using Perl 6 (and Parrot)
- Darren Duncan: DB-related stuff.
- Stevan Little: "Moose is the new Perl" Moose meta-object system. Stevan's journal.
- Carl Mäsak: frenetic Rakudo user, November author and our number one bug finder
- Mark Stosberg: I'm working on porting CGI::Application to Perl 6 and having fun along the way.
- Ask Bjørn Hansen: Set up Perl 6 newsgroups (http://www.nntp.perl.org/group)
- Andy Lester: Started and maintains Perlbuzz, which reports frequently about Perl 6 related events.
- Gabor Szabo: gives talks and organizes a lot of different things in the community
- Juerd Waalboer: Runs feather, a Perl 6 development machine, and used to be active in several areas of Perl 6/Pugs.
The Old Guard
These individuals contributed a great deal, but are no longer serving in their former capacities:
- Bernhard Schmalhofer: Worked on Pipp, PHP on Parrot, and Eclectus, Scheme on Parrot.
- Piers Cawley: Former parrot/perl6 summarizer.
- Simon Cozens: Former parrot pumpking (versions 0.0.1 through 0.0.4), Parrot' name is based on his joke.
- Matt Fowles: Former parrot/perl6 summarizer.
- Ann Barcomb: Former parrot/perl6 summarizer.
- Steve Fink: Former parrot pumpking (versions 0.0.9 through 0.0.12).
- Jeff Goff: Former parrot pumpking (versions 0.0.5 to 0.0.8).
- Luke Palmer: Former Perl 6 language list monitor and co-author of the retroactive Synopses.
- Chip Salzenberg: Former parrot pumpking and the parrot architect, and a large contributor.
- Dan Sugalski: Former and initial parrot architect and developer.
- Leopold Tötsch: Leo was the pumpking for releases 0.0.13 - 0.4.5, and for some time was a larger contributor. Also see "People of Perl: Leopold Toetsch".
- Nathan Torkington: Former project manager emeritus.
- Jesse Vincent: The former Perl 6 project manager. An expert at the "stick and carrot" approach to open source development. ("Blog"<http://use.perl.org/~jesse)
- Bryan Warnock: Used to compile the Perl 6 Digest with Simon Cozens. Yes, that Warnock.
How to add yourself to this page:
- Add your (or their) name below, in alphabetical order (by last name or organization), in the most relevant section (or sections). Create a new section if a suitable section doesn't exist.
- Link the name to a suitable home page, blog, or whatever, or you can create a new personal page on this wiki to link to (use the same name for the page name).
- Add a few sentences relevant activities, interests, and so on.