Perl 6 Newsgroup Threads of Interest
The main purpose of this page is to make note of interesting newsgroup threads that may be helpful to people coming along later (or that you would like to be able to refer back to later). See Mail Lists, IRC, Archives for more information on Perl 6 mailing lists.
- Add items of interest to one of the sections below. (Create a new section if appropriate.)
- Make the thread subject line a bullet entry.
- Add a subitem for the thread URL. We show URLs as explicit subitems (rather than hiding them under thread title links) because they contain useful group info and date info.
- Add an optional subitem for supplementary comments or notable paraphrases.
- As this list grows, it will be periodically reorganized into useful subsections.
- Syntax explainer, phase 2: planning
- Perl 6 is about being a metalanguage in which you can express many languages, and doing so in a sufficiently controlled fashion that we always know what language any given lexical scope is expressed in. ... Anyway, IDEs, syntax highlighters, and refactoring engines are all going to want to access Perl 6 annotated parse trees (ASTs), and we intend to make it possible for them to do that. That is at the very heart of Perl 6, and the main reason it's so important for Perl 6 to be parsed in Perl 6.