Tower of Hanoi: Revision 4
Invented by the French mathematician Édouard Lucas in 1883, this is a mathematical game/puzzle about moving a set of disks between a set of pegs, limited by the following rules :
* Only one disk may be moved at a time.
* Each move consists of taking the upper disk from one of the pegs and sliding it onto another peg, on top of the other disks that may already be present on that peg.
* No disk may be placed on top of a smaller disk.
^^ Status with current release of perl 6 / parrot
Parrot 5.1 December 2007 : compiler errors - subs and argv not implemented
^^ Comparison / Benchmark against Perl 5, etc
* http://hop.perl.plover.com/Examples/ALL/hanoi # MJD's simple perl solution to Hanoi (further examples and detail in the Higher Order Perl book)
* http://www.kernelthread.com/hanoi/html/rb.html # simple ruby program to solve hanoi from command line
* http://www.ruby-forum.com/topic/107700 # object oriented ruby class to solve hanoi from command line and discussion thereof
* http://codegolf.com/tower-of-hanoi # golfing tower of hanoi
* http://www.kernelthread.com/hanoi/html/py.html # simple python solution