The Perl 6 language: Revision 1
This page is for general resources to learn about Perl 6. For the official and other documentation, see the [Documentation] page.
^^^ General Info
* [Perl 6 Executive Summary]
* other good summaries are:
** "why Perl 6 is needed, and what it is"<http://www.perl.com/pub/a/2006/01/12/what_is_perl_6.html>, a good introductory article by [chromatic].
** Also see Juerd's "Refuting Perl 6 Myths"<http://svn.openfoundry.org/pugs/docs/talks/p6myths2.html>. (A slight correction to Juerd's slides: Perl 5.10 has many Perl 6 features you can start using. These are in "feature.pm"<http://search.cpan.org/%7Ergarcia/perl-5.9.3/lib/feature.pm>.)
* Learn what Perl 6 is within few, often funny words: [Perl 6 Quotes]. Example: Perl 6 is an extensively refactored, super-modernized, and ultra-supercharged derivative of Perl 5. Simple things will still be simple to do, but you'll have enormously more "syntactic compound leverage" and "semantic overdrive" available for tackling challenging tasks.
* Often asked Questions are hopefully answered in the [FAQ].
* [Project Overview]
* Or visit "Perl 6 subpage on Perl's Official Home Page"<http://dev.perl.org/perl6/>
^^^ Read about Perl 6
* [Perl 6 RSS News Feeds and Headlines], this pages has also links to all grazed news sources.
* [Articles and Presentations]
** [State of the Onion] (Larry Wall's yearly Perl status reports, with much humor-infested commentary on Perl 6 design philosophy, processes, and illuminating insights.)
** other [Larry Wall's Talks]
* [Perl 6 Books and Media]
** "The Perl Review"<http://www.theperlreview.com/> contains Perl 6 articles and is published quarterly (both in print and PDF).
* [Perl 6 Newsgroup Threads of Interest]
^^^ More Practical
* [Amazing Perl 6], some highlights
* [Best Of Perl 6 Tablet]
* [The Long Perl 6 Super-Feature List]
* [What can I do with Perl 6 today?]
* [Download Perl 6]
^^^ Perl 6 Example code
* Perl 6 examples (<http://svn.pugscode.org/pugs/examples/>)
* Perl 6 tests (<http://svn.pugscode.org/pugs/t/>)
* "Perl 6 Community Development Server"<http://feather.perl6.nl/>