Perl 6 People: Revision 138
This "who is doing what" and "who is interested in what" social-networking page is for *anyone* (including newbies and organizations) doing *anything significant* (including commercial) regarding Perl 6. Intructions about how to expand are at the end. Not all links lead to articles in this wiki. To get all of them click on the "People" tag on the right side or "on this link"<http://www.perlfoundation.org/perl6/index.cgi?action=category_display;category=People;tag=/People>.
^^ Donors, Sponsors, and Supporters
This important section expanded enough to get its own page (Yea!): [Perl 6 Donors, Sponsors, and Supporters].
^^ The Language Design Team
Also known as "@Larry", and led by [Larry Wall], our hero and leader, the inventor of Perl. We think he deserves a "MacArthur prize"<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MacArthur_Fellows_Program>.
* [chromatic]: The project secretary, a Parrot developer, and the one who argued for roles for a couple of years until Allison pointed to the traits paper. Read "chromatic's journal"<http://use.perl.org/~chromatic/journal/>.
* Nicholas Clark: Pumking of the Perl 5.8 series. Also see ""People of Perl: Nicholas Clark"<http://www.oreillynet.com/onlamp/blog/2006/04/people_of_perl_nicholas_clark.html>".
* [Will Coleda]: VP of the Parrot Foundation. Has worked on a variety of languages targeting parrot.
* [Damian Conway]: He wrote the "Exegeses"<http://dev.perl.org/perl6/exegesis/>, and tries hard to find any error in Larry's ideas.
* Richard Dice: The president of "The Perl Foundation"<http://perlfoundation.org/>.
* Jerry Gay: Hacks on [Parrot], [Rakudo] Perl 6 and the Parrot Compiler Toolkit (PCT). Read "Jerry's journal<http://www.formspring.me/wikifaq>.
* [Patrick Michaud]: lead developer of [Rakudo] and [PCT]
* [Allison Randal]: The [Parrot] architect and president of the "Parrot foundation"<http://parrot.org>.
* "Hugo van der Sanden"<http://crypt.org/hv/>: Knows more about Perl 5 internals than any one person should, which helps to make better decisions for Perl 6.
* [Audrey Tang]: The primary force behind [Pugs], ended the long "Dark Ages" of compiler-side Perl 6 development, spread "-Ofun" and commit bits to the masses. Also deserving of a MacArthur prize.
^^ Software Developers
^^^ Contributors to [Implementations]
* [Flávio Soibelmann Glock]: author of several smaller implementations
* "Jeff Horwitz"<http://www.smashing.org/jeff/node/2>: mod_perl6. "Jeff's blog"<http://www.smashing.org/jeff/blog/1>.
* [Jonathan Leto]: versatile and busy Parrot developer
* [Pawel Murias]: codeveloper of [Mildew]
* "Ovid"<http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/au/2574> (Curtis Poe): Also see ""People of Perl: Ovid"<http://www.oreillynet.com/onlamp/blog/2006/08/people_of_perl_ovid.html>".
* [Stephen Weeks]: versatile Parrot developer
* Matthew Wilson: author of [sprixel]
* [Jonathan Worthington]: a major driving force behind Rakudo; previously worked on Parrot.
^^^ Developers using Perl 6 (and Parrot)
* Darren Duncan: DB-related stuff.
* Stevan Little: "Moose is the new Perl" Moose meta-object system. "Stevan's journal"<http://use.perl.org/~Stevan/journal>.
* "Bernhard Schmalhofer"<http://use.perl.org/~bernhard/journal>: Working on Pipp, PHP on Parrot, and Eclectus, Scheme on Parrot.
* [Carl Mäsak]: frenetic Rakudo user, November author and our number one bug finder
* [Mark Stosberg]: I'm working on porting CGI::Application to Perl 6 and having fun along the way.
^^ Documentation Authors
* The [Open source Perl 6 book] is written by: Patrick Michaud, Jonathan Worthington, [Carl Mäsak], [Moritz Lenz], Jonathan Scott Duff (wrote the initial preface)
** They are also open to contributions from others.
* See [Perl 6 Books and Media] historical info and future prospects.
^^^ Wiki Contributors
* [John Beppu]:
* [Martin Berends]
* [Herbert Breunung]: author of [Perl 6 Tutorial] and [Perl 6 Tablets], writes articles and tutorials for wikis and print magazines with its own editor.
* Samuel Harrington:
* Brian Julin: author of [WITCH]
* "Andy Lester"<http://petdance.com/>: Set up the official Perl 6, Parrot, and then Perl 5 wikis. Also runs "rakudo.org"<http://www.rakudo.org/> and "perlbuzz.com"<http://www.perlbuzz.com/>. "Andy's journal"<http://use.perl.org/%7Epetdance/journal/>.
* [Conrad Schneiker]: original instigator and major contributor of this wiki. His donation led to [November].
* Aaron Trevena:
^^^ Article Authors
* [Adriano Ferreira]: [Perl 6 microarticles]
* Ask Bjørn Hansen: Set up Perl 6 newsgroups ("http://www.nntp.perl.org/group"<http://www.nntp.perl.org/group>)
* Andy Lester: Started and maintains "Perlbuzz"<http://perlbuzz.com>, which reports frequently about Perl 6 related events.
* [Gabor Szabo]: gives talks and organizes a lot of different things in the community
* Juerd Waalboer: Runs [feather], a Perl 6 development machine, and used to be active in several areas of Perl 6/Pugs.
^^ The Old Guard
These individuals contributed a great deal, but are no longer serving in their former capacities:
* "Piers Cawley"<http://www.perl.com/pub/au/Cawley_Piers>: Former parrot/perl6 summarizer.
* "Simon Cozens"<http://www.simon-cozens.org/>: Former parrot pumpking (versions 0.0.1 through 0.0.4), Parrot' name is based on his joke.
* "Matt Fowles"<http://www.perl.com/pub/au/Fowles_Matt>: Former parrot/perl6 summarizer.
* Ann Barcomb: Former parrot/perl6 summarizer.
* "Steve Fink"<http://use.perl.org/~sfink>: Former parrot pumpking (versions 0.0.9 through 0.0.12).
* "Jeff Goff"<http://www.perl.com/pub/au/Goff_Jeffrey>: Former parrot pumpking (versions 0.0.5 to 0.0.8).
* "Luke Palmer"<http://www.luqui.org/>: Former Perl 6 language list monitor and co-author of the retroactive Synopses.
* "Chip Salzenberg"<http://use.perl.org/~chip/>: Former parrot pumpking and the parrot architect, and a large contributor.
* "Dan Sugalski"<http://www.vogelein.com/~dan/>: Former and initial parrot architect and developer.
* "Leopold Tötsch"<http://www.toetsch.at/>: Leo was the pumpking for releases 0.0.13 - 0.4.5, and for some time was a larger contributor. Also see ""People of Perl: Leopold Toetsch"<http://www.oreillynet.com/onlamp/blog/2006/10/people_of_perl_leopold_toetsch.html>".
* "Nathan Torkington"<http://www.frii.com/~gnat/>: Former project manager emeritus.
* [Jesse Vincent]: The former Perl 6 project manager. An expert at the "stick and carrot" approach to open source development. ("Blog"<<http://use.perl.org/~jesse>)
* "Bryan Warnock"<http://www.perl.com/pub/au/Warnock_Bryan>: Used to compile the Perl 6 Digest with Simon Cozens. _Yes, "that"<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warnocked> Warnock._
^^ How to add yourself to this page:
* Add your (or their) name below, in alphabetical order (by last name or organization), in the *most relevant* section (or sections). Create a new section if a suitable section doesn't exist.
* Link the name to a suitable home page, blog, or whatever, or you can create a new personal page on this wiki to link to (use the same name for the page name).
* Add a few sentences relevant activities, interests, and so on.