Perl 6 People: Revision 43
This "who is doing what" and "who is interested in what" social-networking page is for *anyone* (including newbies and organizations) doing *anything significant* (including commercial) regarding Perl 6.
* Add your (or their) name below, in alphabetical order (by last name), in the *most relevant* section (or sections). Create a new section if a suitable section doesn't exist.
* Link the name to a suitable home page, blog, or whatever, or you can create a new personal page on this wiki to link to (use the same name for the page name).
* Add a few sentences relevant activities, interests, and so on.
^ Perl 6 Sponsors and Supporters (Thanks!!)
Please do whatever you can to help "The Perl Foundation"<http://perlfoundation.org/> find more sponsors and supporters for Perl 6 and Parrot development.
* The Mozilla Foundation: "The Mozilla Foundation and the Perl 6 on Parrot Grant"<http://www.oreillynet.com/onlamp/blog/2007/11/the_mozilla_foundation_and_the.html>
* NLNet: "Parrot Grant from NLNet"<http://www.perlfoundation.org/parrot_grant_from_nlnet>
* "O'Reilly Media"<http://www.oreilly.com/> (the people behind "Perl.com"<http://www.perl.com/>): They support the weekly Perl 6 design meeting conference calls (and previously supported Larry Wall).
^ The Perl 6 Design Team
Also known as "@Larry", and led by "Larry Wall"<http://www.wall.org/~larry/>, our hero and leader, the inventor of Perl. AKA "TimToady" on IRC #perl6 (derives from ""TIMTOWTDI"<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/There_is_more_than_one_way_to_do_it>"). He has staked out the perl5-to-perl6 translator as his own project. Also overdue for a MacArthur prize.
* Nicholas Clark: Perl 5 Pumking. Also see ""People of Perl: Nicholas Clark"<http://www.oreillynet.com/onlamp/blog/2006/04/people_of_perl_nicholas_clark.html>".
* Will Coleda: The parrot project manager. Has worked on a variety of languages targeting parrot.
* "Damian Conway"<http://damian.conway.org/About_us//Bio_formal.html>: He writes the "Exegeses"<http://dev.perl.org/perl6/exegesis/>, which explain by example Larry's design documents (the "Apocalypses"<http://dev.perl.org/perl6/apocalypse/>).
* chromatic: The project secretary. He is at least partially responsible for delaying Apocalypse 12 with that Roles idea. Also writes code. Also editor at "Perl.com"<http://Perl.com>. Read "cromatic's journal"<http://use.perl.org/~chromatic/journal/>.
* Jerry Gay: Hacks on "Parrot"<http://parrotcode.org>, [Rakudo] Perl 6 and the Parrot Compiler Toolkit (PCT). Read "Jerry's journal"<http://use.perl.org/~particle/journal/>.
* "Patrick Michaud"<http://www.pmichaud.com/>: The author of PGE, the Parrot/Perl6 Grammar engine. He's also the Perl 6 compiler and Parrot pumpking. Read "Patrick's journal"<http://use.perl.org/~pmichaud/journal/>. Also see ""People of Perl: Patrick Michaud"<http://www.oreillynet.com/onlamp/blog/2006/05/people_of_perl_patrick_michaud.html>".
* "Allison Randal"<http://www.onyxneon.com/allison.html>: The Parrot architect. Also hacks on the Perl 6 compiler tools. She started the "Synopses"<http://dev.perl.org/perl6/doc/synopsis.html> with Damian.
* "Hugo van der Sanden"<http://crypt.org/hv/>: Knows more about Perl 5 internals than any one person should, which helps to make better decisions for Perl 6.
* "Jesse Vincent"<http://use.perl.org/~jesse>: The Perl 6 project manager. An expert at the "stick and carrot" approach to open source development.
* Richard Dice: The president of "The Perl Foundation"<http://perlfoundation.org/>.
^^ The Old Guard
These individuals contributed a great deal, but are no longer serving in their former capacities:
* "Piers Cawley"<http://www.perl.com/pub/au/Cawley_Piers>: Former parrot/perl6 summarizer.
* "Simon Cozens"<http://simon-cozens.org/>: Former parrot pumpking (versions 0.0.1 through 0.0.4).
* "Matt Fowles"<http://www.perl.com/pub/au/Fowles_Matt>: Former parrot/perl6 summarizer.
* Ann Barcomb: Former parrot/perl6 summarizer.
* "Steve Fink"<http://use.perl.org/~sfink>: Former parrot pumpking (versions 0.0.9 through 0.0.12).
* "Jeff Goff"<http://www.perl.com/pub/au/Goff_Jeffrey>: Former parrot pumpking (versions 0.0.5 to 0.0.8).
* "Luke Palmer"<http://www.luqui.org/>: Former Perl 6 language list monitor and co-author of the retroactive Synopses.
* "Chip Salzenberg"<http://use.perl.org/~chip/>: Former parrot pumpking and the parrot architect, and a large contributor.
* "Dan Sugalski"<http://www.vogelein.com/~dan/>: Former parrot architect.
* "Leopold Tötsch"<http://www.toetsch.at/>: Leo was the pumpking for releases 0.0.13 - 0.4.5, and for some time was a larger contributor. Also see ""People of Perl: Leopold Toetsch"<http://www.oreillynet.com/onlamp/blog/2006/10/people_of_perl_leopold_toetsch.html>".
* "Nathan Torkington"<http://www.frii.com/~gnat/>: Former project manager emeritus.
* "Bryan Warnock"<http://www.perl.com/pub/au/Warnock_Bryan>: Used to compile the Perl 6 Digest with Simon Cozens. _Yes, "that"<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warnocked> Warnock._
^ Software Developers
^^ Contributors to "Rakudo Perl 6"[Rakudo]
* "Jeff Horwitz"<http://www.smashing.org/jeff/node/2>: mod_perl6. "Jeff's blog"<http://www.smashing.org/jeff/blog/1>.
* "Ovid"<http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/au/2574> (Curtis Poe): Also see ""People of Perl: Ovid"<http://www.oreillynet.com/onlamp/blog/2006/08/people_of_perl_ovid.html>".
* "Jonathan Worthington"<http://www.jnthn.net/>: Mostly works on the Perl 6 compiler; previously worked on Parrot.
^^ Developers using Perl 6 (and Parrot)
* Darren Duncan: DB-related stuff.
* Stevan Little: "Moose is the new Perl" Moose meta-object system. "Stevan's journal"<http://use.perl.org/~Stevan/journal>.
* Bernhard Schmalhofer: Has been updating PHP on Parrot.
* [Mark Stosberg]: I'm working on porting CGI::Application to Perl 6 and having fun along the way.
^ Documentation Authors
^^ Perl 6 Wiki Contributers
* [John Beppu]:
* [Herbert Breunung]: Works on the Perl 6 tutorial for this wiki and maintains the online reader bundled with docs: "Perl6::Doc".
* Andy Lester: Set up the official Perl 6, Perl 5, and Parrot wikis.
* [Conrad Schneiker]: The original instigator of this official Perl 6 wiki (and offers a $1,000 prize for a Perl 6 version of it). Scavegened much of the original content to get this wiki started, and continues to work on it. Also instigator of the perl.perl6.users newsgroup.
* Aaron Trevena:
^^ Article Authors
* [Adriano Ferreira]: [Perl 6 microarticles]
* "Jonathan Worthington"<http://www.jnthn.net/>: A prolific presentor: <http://www.jnthn.net/articles.shtml>.
* Ask Bjørn Hansen: Set up Perl 6 newsgroups ("http://www.nntp.perl.org/group"<http://www.nntp.perl.org/group>) and runs feather, a Perl 6 development machine.
* Andy Lester: Started and maintains "Perlbuzz"<http://perlbuzz.com>, which reports frequently about Perl 6 related events.