Perl 6: Revision 176
Welcome to the Official Perl 6 Wiki and Home Page
(Also see the Official Parrot Wiki and the Official Perl 5 Wiki.)
Perl 6 is the "Super-Perl" successor of Perl 5:
- "We're really serious about reinventing everything that needs reinventing." — Larry Wall (2000).
- "The Perl 6 design process is about keeping what works in Perl 5, fixing what doesn't, and adding what's missing. That means there will be a few fundamental changes to the language, a large number of extensions to existing features, and a handful of completely new ideas. These modifications, enhancements, and innovations will work together to make the future Perl even more insanely great...." — Damian Conway (2003).
- "Perl 6 and Parrot have some extremely ambitious goals, and it’s my belief that the value and impact of our hard work and patience is going to play out for a very long time — that is, over at least many decades." — Patrick Michaud (2006).
If you ...
- are curious, read What is Perl 6?, Learn About Perl 6, and The Long Perl 6 Super-Feature List.
- want to learn abou Perl 6 in general, explore the Documentation.
- want to help Perl 6 be released faster, read about Getting Involved and Perl 6 Sponsors and Supporters.
- want to talk to developers about Perl 6, read Mail Lists, IRC, Archives about IRC channel #perl6.
- want to read the latest Perl 6 news, see the Perl 6 News section below.
- are interested in Perl 6 books, products, services, jobs, etc., see Perl 6 Books and Media and the Perl 6 Marketplace.
This Wiki is organized into these sections:
- Documentation (Current synopses, cookbook, Perl 6 code examples and test suites, etc.)
- Additional information
- Mail Lists, IRC, Archives (Developer and user hotlines, plus logs and archives.)
- Getting Involved (Help hack Perl 6, or write new test cases, or work on docs.)
- Related Projects (CPAN6, PITA, and more.)
- Perl 6 Marketplace (Products, services, jobs, and so on.)
- Download Perl 6 (Yield to temptation!)
- About This Wiki (License and other info.)
Perl 6 News