Perl 6: Revision 141
^^ Welcome to the Official Perl 6 Wiki and Home Page
(Also see the "Official Parrot Wiki"<http://www.perlfoundation.org/parrot> and the "Official Perl 5 Wiki"<http://www.perlfoundation.org/perl5>.)
*Perl 6 is the insanely great next version of the Perl programming language:*
* If you are curious, read "What is Perl 6?"<http://www.perl.com/pub/a/2006/01/12/what_is_perl_6.html> and [Learn About Perl 6].
* If you want to learn Perl 6 in general, explore the [Documentation].
* If you want to help Perl 6 be released faster, read about [Getting Involved].
* If you want to talk to developers about Perl 6, read [Mail Lists, IRC, Archives] about IRC channel #perl6.
* If you want to read the latest news about Perl 6, see the "Perl 6 News" section below.
This Wiki is organized into the following sections:
** [Learn About Perl 6] (What it is, articles, anti-FUD, etc.)
** [The Long Perl 6 Super-Feature List] (Perl 6++! "All Your Paradigms Are Belong To Us." :-)
** "Run Perl 6 Now"<http://run.pugscode.org/> (_Play with Perl 6 in your browser, right now! No installation needed._ Based on Pugs.)
** [Glossary of Perl 6 Terms and Jargon] (IRC and newsgroup slang, "Perl 6" versus "perl6".)
** [What Can I do with Perl 6 today] (Also see "Run Perl 6 Now"<http://run.pugscode.org/>.)
** [When will Perl 6 be released?]
*** [Development Dashboard] (Perl 6 project status and plans.)
*** "STATUS file in languages/perl6"<http://svn.perl.org/parrot/trunk/languages/perl6/docs/STATUS> (Links to the Parrot svn.)
** [Perl 6 implementations]
*** [Pugs] (Perl 6 compiler implemented in Haskell.)
*** [perl6 on Parrot] (Parrot is the new virtual machine for dynamic languages, especially including Perl 6.)
*** [Perl 6 for Perl 5] (Including Perl 5.10, Perl 6-ish modules, etc.)
* [Documentation] (Current synopses, cookbook, Perl 6 code examples and test suites, etc.)
** "The Official Documents that describe Perl 6"<http://perlcabal.org/syn/> (Mostly developer-oriented specification documents.)
** [Perl Table] (Soon-to-be the big, all-in-one tutorial with index, tables, and comparsions.)
** "FAQ"<http://www.programmersheaven.com/2/Perl6-FAQ> (Another great resource.)
** "QuickStart"<http://www.programmersheaven.com/2/Perl6-QuickStart> (Easy, near-instant gratification.)
** "Introduction to Perl 6"<http://www.szabgab.com/perl6.html> (Course slides with many examples; a work-in-progress.)
** "Installable Perl 6 Docs"<http://search.cpan.org/dist/Perl6-Doc/> (a CPAN module of the P6 docs)
* Additional information
** [Mail Lists, IRC, Archives] (Developer and user hotlines, plus logs and archives.)
** [Getting Involved] (Help hack Perl 6, or write new test cases, or work on docs.)
** [Related Projects] (CPAN6, PITA, and more.)
* [Download Perl 6] (Yield to temptation!)
** [Download Pugs]
** Download [perl6 on Parrot]
* [About This Website] (License. See "Wiki 101" and help us add more content.)
** [Content Wanted] (More, more, more, and still more.)
** [Discuss this website]
^^ Perl 6 News
^^^ Planet Perl Six, aggregated from many Perl 6 blogs