Learn About Perl 6: Revision 34
This page is for general resources to learn about Perl 6. For the official and other documentation, see the [Documentation] page.
^^^ General Info
* Learn what Perl 6 is within few, often funny words: [Perl 6 Quotes]. Example: Perl 6 is an extensively refactored, super-modernized, and ultra-supercharged derivative of Perl 5. Simple things will still be simple to do, but you'll have enormously more "syntactic compound leverage" and "semantic overdrive" available for tackling challenging tasks.
* Often asked Questions are hopefully answered in the [FAQ].
* good summaries are:
** "why Perl 6 is needed, and what it is"<http://www.perl.com/pub/a/2006/01/12/what_is_perl_6.html>, a good introductory article by [chromatic].
** Also see Juerd's "Refuting Perl 6 Myths"<http://svn.openfoundry.org/pugs/docs/talks/p6myths2.html>. (A slight correction to Juerd's slides: Perl 5.10 has many Perl 6 features you can start using. These are in "feature.pm"<http://search.cpan.org/%7Ergarcia/perl-5.9.3/lib/feature.pm>.)
* [Project Overview]
* Or visit "Perl 6 subpage on Perl's Official Home Page"<http://dev.perl.org/perl6/>
^^^ More Practical
* [What can I do with Perl 6 today?]
* [Amazing Perl 6], some highlights.
* [The Long Perl 6 Super-Feature List] This list was moved to its own page so that there would be plenty of room for people at add additional explanations of what these features are, and to explain why they are Very Good Things (tm).
* "How to get involved"[Getting Involved]?
^^^ Read about Perl 6
* [Perl 6 RSS News Feeds and Headlines], this pages has also links to all grazed news sources.
* [Perl 6 Articles and Presentations]
** [State of the Onion] (Larry Wall's yearly Perl status reports, with much humor-infested commentary on Perl 6 design philosophy, processes, and illuminating insights.)
** other [Larry Wall's Talks]
* [Perl 6 Books and Media]
** "The Perl Review"<http://www.theperlreview.com/> contains Perl 6 articles and is published quarterly (both in print and PDF).
* [Perl 6 Newsgroup Threads of Interest]
^^^ Perl 6 Example code
* Perl 6 examples (<http://svn.pugscode.org/pugs/examples/>)
* Perl 6 tests (<http://svn.pugscode.org/pugs/t/>)
* "Perl 6 Community Development Server"<http://feather.perl6.nl/>