Implementations: Revision 7
Perl 6 has many compiler and interpreter and none is "the official Perl 6". Larry Wall said: everything that passes the test suite, is Perl 6. But all those here mentioned currently understand only a subset.
* [Rakudo] is currently the most feature rich and the most actively developed implementation. It runs on [Parrot], a virtual machine for any dynamic language.
* [Pugs] was the leading implementation from 2005 until about 2007. It is written in Haskell, a language for functional programming.
* [STD.pm] is "the" canonical Perl 6 language definition, written in Perl 6 itself. It consists mainly of a large grammar. Unfortunately there is no implementation that can execute
* [viv] is a derivation of STD.pm
* [Mildew] extends viv with a set of code generators written in Perl 5. Produces coede for [SMOP].