Development Dashboard: Revision 10
The Development Dashboard is designed to answer two questions:
* What's left to do to release perl6 to CPAN, as in perl-6.0.0.tar.gz?
* What's been done so far?
We can't answer the question of "When will Perl 6 be done" without knowing what's left to do. This is a start.
^ What's left to do (including in-progress work)?
^^ Language definition
Note: This is outside the control of perl6
* package so that "perl6 foo.pl" (or some close facsimile) works
* What command-line arguments are there?
* What is the list of pages that will exist? Will it be the same as for perl5?
* Where do the bugs go? Is the queue set up for it?
* Do we have just one perl6bug for all of the various implementations, or is each implementation simply need to provide its own?
* What gets shipped with perl-6.0.0.tar.gz? What modules? What docs? What other programs?
** May be a converger (gets defined right at the end)
^^ Test suite
* Refactor suite to match synopsis organization
* Review all tests for conformance with language specification
* Verify spec coverage
^^ Release perl6
* Release RC1
* Release perl6 as perl-6.0.0.tar.gz to CPAN
^ What's been done so far?
* Language definition
** Compiler converted to use Parrot compiler tools
* Test suite
** Initial tests in pugs repository
These features/milestones are explicitly not part of the ramp up to p6.0.0. They may happen on their own, but we will not delay the release of p6.0.0 if they have not been reached.
* CP6AN exists
^ Resources and other documents
* Perl 6 Users FAQ from May 2006
* pmichaud's scratchpad for tasks
** [perl6 tasks]