Old SMOP Changelog
Usually, things from ROADMAP should come to here when its done.
It should be noted that the current progress is visible in the mildew test suite, the changelog should be seen in the svn repository...
2008-10-28 - Daniel Ruoso
- x.x.x - SMOP p5 binding in place. It allows creating native ints and const identifiers, but it also lets you build and run a mold.
2008-10-27 - Daniel Ruoso
- x.x.x - Proposed implementation of Object.pm and ClassHOW.pm in place, now moving to other built-in types.
2008-10-08 - Daniel Ruoso
- x.x.x - SMOP__S1P__ritest provides a way to check for objects of a specific repr.
- x.x.x - signature for postcircumfix:<( )> is now :($capture) instead of :(|$capture)
2008-10-07 - Daniel Ruoso
- x.x.x - SMOP__S1P__AdhocSignature should help the built-in types.
2008-09-20 - Daniel Ruoso
2008-09-19 - Daniel Ruoso
- x.x.x - SMOP map operator ('for' is simply a synonym for 'map')
- x.x.x - map($code, $iterator).Void() # map in void context consumes all the input iterator
- x.x.x - Array.unshift
2008-09-17 - Daniel Ruoso
- x.x.x - Array.Iterator().FETCH().prefix:<=>() working... test passing, some leaks still...
2008-09-07 - Daniel Ruoso
- x.x.x - Array.Iterator().FETCH() # array iterator in item context -- almost working, test with a false pass...
2008-09-01 - Daniel Ruoso
- x.x.x - native int postfix:<++>
2008-08-27 - Daniel Ruoso
- x.x.x - BindCaptureSignature implemented. This special signature should be used in s1p to simplify signature usage. The signature is :(|$_) and allows the actual signature to be generated as a prefixed code on the mold block....
2008-08-22 - Daniel Ruoso
- x.x.x - pure prototype metaclass instance
2008-08-20 - Daniel Ruoso
- x.x.x - Port code to Mold and use the defaultblocksignature.
2008-08-16 - Daniel Ruoso
- x.x.x - Signature object.
- x.x.x - Default block signature binds the capture to the inner scope.
2008-08-11 - Daniel Ruoso
- x.x.x - LexicalScope is finished! Lookup works as expected, the tests pass. This is the first use of a singleton mold code that is reused several times in the same execution...
2008-08-07 - Daniel Ruoso
- x.x.x - LexicalScope implementation, almost all features working only lookup is missing.
2008-08-04 - Daniel Ruoso
- x.x.x - Make lowlevel method use a code object instead of a c callback function
2008-08-02 - Daniel Ruoso
- 0.2.3 - Low-level Attribute implementation (test passing)
2008-07-31 - Daniel Ruoso
- x.x.x - Low-level attribute implemented (tests still failing)
- x.x.x - Scalar no longer delegates the calls (that causes unexpected results with containers that supports other methods), the language operators should do the implicit FETCH calls when the value is used. This means that every object should support FETCH, even if it returns the object itself. STORE however is not mandatory, as you have read-only containers, and therefore read-only values.
2008-07-26 - Daniel Ruoso
- x.x.x - Low-level Code implementation
2008-07-25 - Paweł Murias
- x.x.x - Low-level Array implementation
- x.x.x - Low-level Hash implementation
2008-07-25 - Daniel Ruoso
- 0.2.2 - p6opaque Responder Interface (This is the default Perl 6 OO Responder Interface)
2008-07-24 - Daniel Ruoso
- x.x.x - p6opaque refactoring almost finished. After much debate the final p6opaque format is documented in SMOP p6opaque Implementation. Metaclass delegation is already working again. Now p6opaque uses directly Scalars, Hashes and Arrays instead of a lowlevel implementation of that. This is indeed much simpler (pmurias++ for pushing in that direction)
- x.x.x - ___NATIVE_CAPTURE_ONLY___, ___CONST_IDENTIFIER_ONLY___ and ___INVOCANT_RI_SHOULD_MATCH___ are C macros that do some sanity checking on the lowlevel invocation.
- x.x.x - p6opaque_proto_storage completed!
- x.x.x - accessor for every member of p6opaque implemented.
2008-07-18 - Daniel Ruoso
- x.x.x - Define yet another phase into the boot sequence for things that need a interpreter instance
- x.x.x - interpreter.goto(bool) means "release the current continuation"
2008-07-16 - Daniel Ruoso
- x.x.x - $p6opaque.^!methods.push($method) calls $p6opaque.^!methods.register($identifier, $signature, $method), fetching the information from the method object.
2008-07-15 - Daniel Ruoso
- x.x.x - all tests valgrind-clean again. test/14 still missing the two functions.
2008-07-11 - Daniel Ruoso
- x.x.x - $p6opaque.^!methods() working, it returns a proxy object that will introspect inside the p6opaque. test/14 still with memory leaks.
2008-07-10 - Daniel Ruoso
- x.x.x - tests revised after some sm0p changes. test/14 is written and compiles, but it still fails the tests.
2008-07-09 - Daniel Ruoso
- x.x.x - lowlevel method uses the new signature for "call". This is important for the test/14 still in development.
2008-07-08 - Daniel Ruoso
- x.x.x - smop_lowlevel only uses capture-less DESTROYALL call for a few selected types.
2008-07-04 - Daniel Ruoso
- x.x.x - p6opaque successfully delegates the calls to the metaclass (valgrind-clean)
2008-03-11 - Daniel Ruoso
- x.x.x - Low-level Scalar implementation
2008-02-22 - Daniel Ruoso
- 0.2.1 - Low-level Method implementation (this is not the standard Method type, just something that complies to the API)
2008-02-14 - Daniel Ruoso
- x.x.x - Runtime creation of constant identifiers
2008-02-05 - Daniel Ruoso
- FIRST MAJOR MILESTONE ACHIEVED: sm0p - Lame Default SMOP Interpreter Implementation
- 0.2.0 - Final review on SMOP REFERENCE and RELEASE Policy and code revision for memory leaks.
2008-02-01 - Daniel Ruoso
- 0.1.4 - Final review on Continuation Passing Style implementation
2008-01-31 - Daniel Ruoso
- 0.1.3 - sm0p preprocessor
- x.x.x - Several bug fixes in the capture and in slime.
- x.x.x - 02_stack.t does ok 1..4 for the first time, this means that sm0p is interpreted correctly
2008-01-24 - Daniel Ruoso
- x.x.x - Automake prepared to run the sm0p preprocessor.
- 0.1.2 - SMOP SLIME prototypes and lowlevel operators
- x.x.x - SMOP__SLIME__Capturize
- x.x.x - SMOP__SLIME__Node
- x.x.x - native int type
- x.x.x - SMOP__SLIME__CurrentFrame
2008-01-23 - Daniel Ruoso
- x.x.x - SMOP__SLIME__Frame first code
- x.x.x - native bool type
2008-01-21 - Daniel Ruoso
- 0.1.1 - Capture type (lowlevel implementation)
2008-01-18 - Daniel Ruoso
- 0.1.0 - Port YAP6__CORE__Value code to SMOP__Object code.
- 0.x.x.x - "Identifier Name Constant" type and the definition of the pool of constants.
See also the Old YAP6 Changelog.