There are no pages that link to this page yet.
Socialtext announces RSS support
Socialtext Workspace now supports Really Simple Syndication (RSS).
You can use the Socialtext RSS feature to get notified of the the latest updates in workspace projects and conversations, without contributing to your overloaded email inbox.
This is particularly handy if you are participating in multiple workspaces. It's also useful for applications where it's important to stay on top of what's new, like service requests and bug reports.
RSS allows you to subscribe to many other weblogs and published news sources and have the content pulled to you automatically, so you don't need to go to multiple websites.
To read RSS, you'll need a tool called a news reader. Some of the more popular news readers include:
- Web-based: Bloglines -- free
- Windows-based: FeedDemon -- trial available, $30 price
- Windows-based: SharpReader -- free
- Microsoft Outlook-based: NewsGator -- 14 day trial, $30 price
- Mac-based: NetNewsWire -- 30 day trial, $40 price
For more about using RSS, see the RSS Tutorial.