Release Notes for Socialtext 1.9
Additions, Changes, and Fixes
Socialtext 1.9 adds additional fixes to the Simple mode editor, some new features, and internal improvements to increase robustness. If you come across additional problems, please let us know at: email@example.com.
Beta Mobile Wiki
- You can use your workspace more easily from a mobile device. Simply go to your workspace using your Blackberry or other mobile device. If you are not directed to a simple screen that looks nice on your mobile device, then type this to get to the mobile version (replace "workspace" with your workspace ID):
- The beta mobile version has been most thoroughly tested on Blackberries. If you see problems on the Blackberry or other devices, please let us know by sending email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Bugs fixed in the Simple mode editor
- We have fixed a number of problems with the way the editor works with spaces and blank lines. We fixed bugs that caused:
- spaces removed before/after special links, breaking the links
- extra spaces inserted at the beginning of lines, breaking formatting
- line breaks removed, collapsing text onto a single line
- line breaks inserted after special links in long paragraphs
- blank lines removed between indentation levels
- You can now create whitespace-separated lists
- We fixed several problems with Preview:
- In Advanced mode, you can resume editing after Preview
- Rapidly double-clicking the Preview button no longer causes edits to be lost.
- We fixed other bugs with the Simple mode editor:
- In advanced mode, horizontal rules don't become literal dashes
- Copy/paste or drag/drop of an external link doesn't result in a bad link
- We fixed a bug that prevented changes from being saved in some cases when you navigate away from a page with unsaved changes.
- After Delete Page has been invoked, a Restore Page button is available, in case the page was inadvertently deleted.
- We have made changes to improve performance problems caused by search indexing. As a result of these changes, when you add new content, it may take a few seconds to appear in search results.