Release Notes for Socialtext 1.10: Revision 1
Socialtext 1.10 contains feature enhancements and a set of bug fixes for Socialtext 1.9.6.
^^^ 1.10 New Features
^^^^ Workspace Privacy - workspace administrators can now make workspaces public and take them private.
* Workspace administrators can change the level of Privacy. You can select one of five standard privacy settings, including making the workspace open to all to read and write. Click on Settings and go to the Workspace Privacy tab. It is no longer necessary to send email to support in order to make those changes.
^^^^ Improved invitation, registration, and password reset
When invitations are issued to new members, or existing users choose to reset their password, they are given a link to a registration page that enables them to set their own password. This replaces the harder-to-remember system-generated passwords.
^^^^ Weblogs contain both the date posted and the date updated for each entry.
^^^ 1.10 Bug fixes.
* Deleted pages no longer appear in search results
* URLs no longer include surrounding punctuation. It is now possible to have a link surround by either whitespace or punctuation.
* malformed email addresses do not cause invitations to fail. Invitations will be sent to well-formed addresses and the others will be listed
* Wiki links containing UTF-8 characters remain intact
* Passwords may contain UTF-8 characters
* Workspace names may not contain UTF-8 characters
* Too long page titles result in error message, not an application error
^^^ For system administrators
* new rename-workspace CLI command
* new update-page CLI command
* delete-workspace CLI command gets a --no_export flag to avoid exporting workspace content to a tarfile before deletion.
* searches for usernames in the control interface are case insensitive
* users who register but have no workspaces will see a reasonable message
* the table produced by show_acls CLI command is reformatted for easier reading
* There are further improvements to the robustness of indexing and searching.