Release notes for Socialtext 1.7.2
Please report serious bugs that keep you from getting your job done or small problems that you have noted to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Additions, Changes, and Fixes
This page details the major feature additions and changes in Socialtext 1.7.2 from the previous version, Socialtext 1.7.1. The Socialtext Documentation page describes these new features in detail.
Changes - Easier Login
- We have made it easier to log in to Socialtext workspaces. Usernames are no longer case-sensitive (although passwords still are case-sensitive). We've made it easier to reset your password if you forgot it, and we've added a feature to log out without closing the browser, and for the system to remember your login information.
- Socialtext now uses relative font sizes, so you can use your browser's font size feature to control the size of displayed text.
- By popular demand, workspace administrators once again have access to the "Invite" command in the top menu
- New links for RSS feeds. The old urls will redirect to the new ones, so your existing subscriptions are not expected to break. The standard form for a Socialtext recent changes feed is now:
The old feeds were at:
- We fixed a bug that adds spaces to some email addresses when sending a page by email to many recipients.
- We fixed bugs that caused occasional slow performance and problems with searching.
- A bug was fixed that prevented international utf-8 characters from being previewed correctly
- The "Backlinks" sidebar, which displays pages that link to the current page, is not working correctly. New links are not being added to the backlinks to display.
- By default, the page that is shown in the "My Favorites" sidebar box is the page named "My Favorites: my_user_id". You can choose a different page to display in the sidebar box by clicking on "Settings" in the top menu, and "Preferences/My Favorites" in the left menu.