Release notes for Socialtext 1.7
Please report serious bugs that keep you from getting your job done or small problems that you have noted to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Additions, Changes, and Fixes
This page details the major feature additions and changes in Socialtext 1.7 from the previous version, Socialtext 1.6.5. The Socialtext Documentation page describes these new features in detail.
We've upgraded the search feature. Search is now much faster in workspaces with many pages.
- Search now finds matches in Microsoft Word and text file attachments, as well as workspace pages.
- You can search for phrases, categories, and partial words. See reading the workspace for the search syntax.
- Workspace administrators are able to enable and disable email notification for all users in a workspace.
- The "recently viewed" sidebox loads more quickly.
- The "recent changes" sidebox now updates with every page load.
- The "fortune cookie" feature has been turned off because it sometimes generated inappropriate messages.
- When a workspace is configured to hide users' email addresses, those addresses are now also hidden in the "people" settings tab.
- A bug with eventspaces was fixed: changing a configuration such as a logo would overwrite the privacy setting.
- Microsoft Word documents and text files are indexed for searches. Attachment files which contain text but are in other file formats are not specifically supported and may not be indexed.
- After a system upgrade, it will take a while for the new search index to be available (up to 1-2 hours).
- After a new file attachment is uploaded, there may be a short delay before the content is indexed.
- Internet Explorer users who attempt to download an attachment from a workspace accessed via SSL (https://.../). See http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;812935 for details. This will be fixed in a future release.